Why become a member? ×

Yo from Amsterdam

AmsterdamAsh

Hey all. I stumbled upon the forum this morning. I hail from the hole known as Watford, but have spent the past two years living it up in Amsterdam. I played guitar for around 22 years, until I joined a band here - the bassist didn't work out so I decided to have a go at it. In the past year I've learned a lot and come a long way, though I continue to effectively fulfill the role of rhythm guitarist in our now-trio. I also sing, and my baritone voice sits nicely with the bass.

A year ago I bought a Mark Bass Nano - our rehearsal room was a 5km bike ride away and I didn't have storage there so 1.5kg won. Now I have storage and play much closer to home so recently I purchased my first bass stack - a Hartke 210XL and 115XL. Still using the Nano, it sounds fantastic so I don't see myself replacing it soon.

Influences are broad but most prominent in my writing would be any number of punk and thrash bands I've enjoyed through the years. Bit of Blur in there for good measure. I enjoy playing along to most anything.

Hope to have some fun and make some friends here whilst chatting about all things bass.