Why become a member? ×

I love this bass! Jow.

karlfer

OK, not for everybody, but that pup and them looks :gas: :gas: :gas: . I even like the logo!
Sorry, can't figure out how to get the photo on here but here's a link to homepage.
Another respected English bassist who couldn't get what he wanted, so got them built for him, then made them available.
I'm in discussions for Sea Foam Green (shocker! :lol: ).

[url="http://www.jowbass.com/en-gb"]Home - Jow Bass[/url]

Edited by karlfer

Being a huge Thunderbird fan I like it! The price is good along with the fact it comes with a hardcase is an added bonus. If they did an all black or Daphne blue with white pickguard I'd be all over it. Even the seafoam green would be a winner for me. Let me know how you get on with it if you manage to get it in the colour you want.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1475672032' post='3147800']
Make a 34" version and I'm interested...
[/quote]

30" and 34" versions are both available.
I have no vested interest in this, I just came across it somehow.
I've long wanted a single (chrome covered) pup non reverse and without going custom or original, don't seem to be around.

I just wanna get my Ox on :blush:

Be interesting to see what neepheid and nancy would make of this.
I just think it's great somebody has not been able to get a niche product and has done something about it. I'D LIKE TO ENCOURAGE HIM.
Well done Jow :)

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1475671903' post='3147798']
I struggle to look at basses with a pick guard that looks like it's off something else, I get that that is the point.

Seafoam with a musicman pickup and a black 3 ply guard made to follow the body and pickups, pop on a fifth string and that might be pretty cool!
[/quote]

This, plus semi-hollow (to keep the weight down to near 8lbs) and an f hole (because I'm a sucker for one of those)

Nice to have all these ideas chaps, all the options are available from custom luthiers, usually starting at around £2k, rather than £300 :P

This ones a bit similar and a bit more expensive, but sunburst again ;) [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIBSON-THUNDERBIRD-BASS-EX-OASIS-AND-THE-WHO-1968-ex-JOHN-ENTWISTLE-/391269640446?hash=item5b197ce8fe:g:smkAAOSwa39Uy5pU"]GIBSON THUNDERBIRD BASS - EX OASIS AND THE WHO - 1968 - ex JOHN ENTWISTLE | eBay[/url]

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='Jow Bass' timestamp='1475674899' post='3147835']
Thanks for the shout out Karl.

I'm waiting for the supplier to get back to me regarding the sea foam green.

I would appreciate anymore ideas anyone as on different colour schemes for my next order.
[/quote]Hi Jow, I love the look/shape of the bass, but I have far too many sunbursts, if you could do it in a surf colour with a 38mm nut, I would buy it now! :)

What is the nut width? I might be wrong, but looking at the video, the nut looks like it could be about 42mm, which unfortunately would be a deal breaker for me, no matter how much I try, I just can't get on with a wider nut, I have eight precisions and I have put jazz necks on all of the ones I play and gig regularly.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1475671903' post='3147798']
I struggle to look at basses with a pick guard that looks like it's off something else...
[/quote]

... yet you play Stingrays, whose scratchplates came straight off a banjo :P ;) :D

I once specc'd up a bass that looked a lot like this from Cataldo and it came to £1600.
Nice one Jow.

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1475696966' post='3148115']
Nice to have all these ideas chaps, all the options are available from custom luthiers, usually starting at around £2k, rather than £300 :P
[/quote]

If you read the wording, the basses are "designed in the UK" He's not a UK Luthier, he's buying them in from China or somwehere like that. Not that it's the end of the world, but you're getting what you pay for.