Why become a member? ×

Hi from Manchester

Fastra

Allow me to introduce myself…

I’ve come into this bass lark very suddenly.
An opportunity arose 2 months ago to help a mate out in his band, their bass player had left and I was asked if I’d like to step up.

I’ve played guitar on and off for 30 years (to no great standard, but decent) but didn’t really want to commit to any band situation due to my work situation – only getting home at 7:45pm everyday and potential late nights at the drop of a hat (I’m in advertising) I didn’t think it fair to be a position that might end up letting people down.
But, I’m 48, the chance came along and I thought “Yeah! Bollocks to it!”

So got myself a Yamaha BB424 for £150, a Marshall MB4210 for £125 and an Ashdown 1x15 extension cab for £100.
Since then, and you know how this goes from here, I’ve added a hard case and a Polytune2.
Loads to learn (both gear & music wise) but played my first gig 2 weeks and loved it (really well received - great pub in Chorley) playing the usual rock covers – The Hives, The Strokes, Jimmy Eat World, Oasis, Billy Idol, The Cult, ZZ Top etc, etc. I think Im fortunate that I’m in a band with 3 other guys who don’t take ourselves seriously, don’t want to play Wembley anymore and just want to have a laugh and get the crowd to enjoy themselves.

Now looking for better gear...

:)