Why become a member? ×

palmer bass pocket amp

danbowskill

Looks good! Palmer do very good and affordable gear.

I have used their DI's and speaker emulators and they excel at what they do.

I have been thinking about going amp-less nowadays as I need to carry 1-2 bases, pedalboard and synth to gigs and rehearsals.
A compact quality preamp, if I have decent monitors available, could be a good idea.

[quote name='Byo' timestamp='1476066236' post='3150956']
if I have decent monitors available
[/quote]

Big "if" though! I've thought the same but have always found monitors in small venues to be lacking so am stuck with lugging an amp around for the time being. One of these into some in ear monitors would suit me down to the ground but the cost is holding me back.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1476119417' post='3151513']

Big "if" though! I've thought the same but have always found monitors in small venues to be lacking so am stuck with lugging an amp around for the time being. One of these into some in ear monitors would suit me down to the ground but the cost is holding me back.
[/quote]

Massive "if", haha.

Yeah, monitors in venues tend to suck.
Over the years I have 'developed' a 6th sense as I have had to play with crappy amps and hardly any backup monitors... I asume that the notes I play are right and I see myself humming the bass lines too, LOL.

Last gig I had the previous band blew the backline amp... I went monitors only and it was meh...

Edited by Byo

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1489154841' post='3254797']
Did anyone buy one of these? I'd be interested in your opinions if so.
[/quote]

I came very close but ended up going for a Zoom B3 instead. I watched a YT video which was pretty comprehensive and while there were a couple of good sounds in there, I didn't really rate any of the distortion sounds so it wasn't the one box solution I was hoping for.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1489333846' post='3256101']
I came very close but ended up going for a Zoom B3 instead. I watched a YT video which was pretty comprehensive and while there were a couple of good sounds in there, I didn't really rate any of the distortion sounds so it wasn't the one box solution I was hoping for.
[/quote]

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated. I'll be doing some more research before deciding what to buy. I have a Zoom B1on that I can use for a bit of dirt so I might get a clean only pre.

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1489335108' post='3256117']
I've got one to use for home practice. It's great. Very useable although I've not used the DI. Even the can sim and the FX are okay.
[/quote]

Cheers for the link.
[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1489335108' post='3256117']
I've got one to use for home practice. It's great. Very useable although I've not used the DI. Even the can sim and the FX are okay.
[/quote]

That's good to hear.