Why become a member? ×

Stop Nuisance Neighbours Closing Venues Petition

ezbass

Forgive for being a bit cynical what exactly does this achieve?

It say "At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition" What sort of response? Thank you we'll have a look at it, meaning Now f*** off so we can make some money with our property development friends...

And "At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament". That doesn't actually mean it will get debated, and you can be sure that even if it does it will be by and handful of backbench MPs late on a Tuesday evening when everyone is ready to go home...

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1475777997' post='3148741']
Sorted. A venue I play every now & then in Milton Keynes have had a Sikh temple move nearby which is trying to get the venue shut down. Many roads/estates in MK they could have moved to but no, has to be next to a music venue then complain about the noise.
[/quote]

Kiln Farm?

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1475824789' post='3148943']
Forgive for being a bit cynical what exactly does this achieve?

It say "At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition" What sort of response? Thank you we'll have a look at it, meaning Now f*** off so we can make some money with our property development friends...

And "At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament". That doesn't actually mean it will get debated, and you can be sure that even if it does it will be by and handful of backbench MPs late on a Tuesday evening when everyone is ready to go home...
[/quote]

Any awareness of this is a good thing IMO :) Nothing to lose by getting signatures and sharing

Now, how to we get venues to be able to get rid of nuisance neighbours?!

I've signed it as I support saving live music but in Cheltenham I've seen the power that developers wield in cahoots with their corrupt poodles in the council. We've lost many good pubs and most our music venues now. The only buildings going up around here are high end housing and retirement homes and more shopping zones. When most of the public rather stay at home watching their plasma TVs, posting pics of kittens on Facebook and playing computer games I don't expect widespread support shame to say.

The petition to save the Curzon cinema in Mayfair has had the desired effect and the mayor's putting legislation in to place to put the responsibility for soundproofing on the complaining party: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/sadiq-khan-plans-tough-new-rules-for-developers-as-he-wades-into-curzon-cinema-row-a3352481.html

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1475825199' post='3148944']
There is still time!!
[/quote]
[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1475834107' post='3149049']
Ha ha! I'd be lying if I hadn't thought that myself :D
[/quote]
Alright, I'll get the ball rolling:

[i]BUT IS THIS PETITION ANY GOOD FOR METAL?[/i]

PS signed!