Why become a member? ×

The right words to search

Biglump

Hi,
I'd like to know what the correct words are to search for, please.
Basically...
I want to play some 6 string lead guitar riffs into my DAW, Ableton, which I got with a Focusrite 2i2.
The guitar inputs clean, but I was wondering about how to add some virtual pedal or amplifier effects to grunge it up up a bit.
I don't want to buy any real pedals or amplifiers because I'm just starting off with recording.
(Although it is really satisfying to have the guitars and drums under my control.... mu wu ha ha...)
The Bass is well taken care of, as you'd expect.
So. er, what is it I'm looking for and is what I want already in my DAW?

Many thanks,
Biglump

I'm a huge fan of Positive Grid's BIAS and BIAS FX apps for all of my guitar tones. BIAS is an amazing app that allows you to also 'profile' any real amplifier and use that as your sound without having to keep borrowing your mate's 5150mkII all the time heh heh!
BIAS FX I'd say is the one to start with as it has a range of pedals in too. Any 'studio processing' I do outside of the plug in, such as 'room sound' delays and reverbs, but PG nails it for drive pedals and amp tones.

A real simple start up and cheap as chips is an Ampkit it plays inline through a little box that your phone or tablet plugs into , it then goes to the interface and the DAW so no latency and it records exactly what you hear, if you monitor from the interface rather than teh ADW

At the minute I am using a waves gtr set up which has some awesome tones for guitar and bass , but I have to use it once as a stand alone to monitor and then add as an FX on the track when playing back , other wise the DAW real time monitoring latency ruins the job !

Edited by lurksalot

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1475882330' post='3149568']
I'm a huge fan of Positive Grid's BIAS and BIAS FX apps for all of my guitar tones. BIAS is an amazing app that allows you to also 'profile' any real amplifier and use that as your sound without having to keep borrowing your mate's 5150mkII all the time heh heh!
BIAS FX I'd say is the one to start with as it has a range of pedals in too. Any 'studio processing' I do outside of the plug in, such as 'room sound' delays and reverbs, but PG nails it for drive pedals and amp tones.
[/quote]
Hi Dood, would u say that bias fx is worth getting if u already have amplitude and garage band? I have both on my ipad mini 2 but I am not overly impressed with them tbh, especially the heavy guitar settings.

Cheers