Why become a member? ×

Security marking.

NickRiffed

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1475931477' post='3149860']
Yes, Smartwater.

[url="http://www.smartwater.com/property-marking"]http://www.smartwate...roperty-marking[/url]
[/quote]

That looks [s]smart[/s] interesting. Wondering about how it would affect resale value if each piece of gear is under the same unique identifier. Would be a lot more tempted if i could get a different bottle per item.

Also, im wondering if the cost could be mitigated by savings on insurance?

I marked all my gear with smart water, when I have sold gear I have used the smart water as an asset telling the buyer to keep my details as if it is ever stolen and is subsequently recovered it would show my details and I will have some kind of record to show who I sold it to and when, buyers have not been put off in any way

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1475958827' post='3150144']
I marked all my gear with smart water, when I have sold gear I have used the smart water as an asset telling the buyer to keep my details as if it is ever stolen and is subsequently recovered it would show my details and I will have some kind of record to show who I sold it to and when, buyers have not been put off in any way
[/quote]

Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...