Why become a member? ×

Cheapo replacement necks query + more...

Funky Dunky

I'm modding my Jim Deacon Precision copy, and I took 'er to get the neck assessed. I've been informed that there are a few uneven frets and it would cost more than the bass is worth to get them sorted. Booo Hiss, etc.

I've seen replacement necks for £35, and this looks like a perfectly agreeable solution, but it's knowing if they're decent or terrible, or if they'll even fit my bass. They claim to fit Fender and Squier Precision basses, but not sure how the Deacon stacks up measurement-wise. Is there any way to find out? I don't even know how to contact the Jim Deacon company as I've heard they are now SX. I'm in the same position for all my planned mods - bridge, tuners, pickup - I don't know if standard Fender or Squier replacement gear will fit it.

I'm wondering if I'm going to have order all the stuff, and if it doesn't fit my bass, send it back and hope for a refund. Pain in the tights. :(

Edited by Funky Dunky