Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Dingwall ABZ 5/3 - as new
£2000

Skinnyman

Reduced to £1900

In early August last year I bought a trans white Dingwall ABZ 5/3 from Bass Direct. It's a fantastic bass and I love it to pieces.

Or I did until I saw the CAR Super P that he'd since got in which is my dream bass - if he'd had that in August, I'd have had it then.

So, I'm about to lose a packet but I'm looking to see if there's any interest in the ABZ so that I can get the Super P (curse this GAS) (update: I bought it...)

I know that I fall into the more-money-than-sense category but here's a chance to get a virtually new, mint condition Dingwall bass for over £600 off retail.

Condition of both the bass and the gig bag are mint - you'd kind of hope so!

I have all the tools, strap locks and paperwork as well as the set of stainless steel strings that were taken off and replaced with Payson nickels when I bought it.

Weight is a superlight 7lb 14oz and here's a link to the Bass Direct page with the full spec http://www.bassdirec...hite_Wenge.html

Things of note are the series/parallel switches, the pickup selection options across the three pickups which give this thing an amazing tonal range. Oh - and the rinky little "reach across" strap button that allows you to have the bass hang further to the right and make it easier to reach the low frets.

I'm based in Hertfordshire - happy for anyone to come round and try it out - the kettle's always on.

I'd prefer not to post - Dingwall's come with a gig bag and I'm not sure I can readily package this up to survive the tender mercies of ParcelFarce. I can do my best and post within the UK if needed but the buyer will need to arrange the courier and insurance. Depending where you are, pm me and I may be able to deliver for a small contribution towards petrol.

Pictures from the original BD advert follow - these are of the actual bass but if you'd like pictures of it sat in my house I'm happy to oblige - just pm me.

[attachment=229703:Ding1.jpg]

[attachment=229704:Ding2.jpg]

[attachment=229705:Ding3.jpg]

[attachment=229706:Ding4.jpg]

Edited by Skinnyman
Withdrawn

I don't usually like white, but with the wood grain visible like that it is gorgeous, and wenge is definitely the way to go for Dingwall necks!

This is a stunner and a great price for such a spec.

[quote name='Skinnyman' timestamp='1476608661' post='3155515']
This was just a feeler and it looks like there's not a lot of interest, so one last bump before I withdraw the listing.

Maybe time to drop hints to the other half for Christmas?
[/quote]

Takes time... It needs to fester in peoples heads... :-) It's a good price, though not a great one, so be patient..

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1476610490' post='3155544']
Takes time... It needs to fester in peoples heads... :-) It's a good price, though not a great one, so be patient..
[/quote]

You're right - patience was never my strong suit. And I suppose the price will start to look better when the exchange rate changes start to come through on new stock later in the year.....

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm not looking for trades, thanks. I've now got my perfect collection of basses and a few that are surplus to requirements and need to be moved on - of which this is the first and nicest.

So, no trades I'm afraid but thanks for the offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='cheesemaster' timestamp='1487785465' post='3242912']
Damn! And you live so close!

Real shame I don't have the money yet :/

GLWTS man!!
[/quote]

I'm not in a rush to sell - I only bump it every few months so you might yet be lucky!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ChurchieG' timestamp='1498207477' post='3323080']
Would you be interested in a mayones custom Comodous 6?
[/quote]

I'm afraid not. I need to clear space so it's a straight sale only, but thanks anyway

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...