Why become a member? ×

Sold: Westone Thunder 1A, 1983, Natural finish £125
£125

Grangur

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So here goes a really nice example of a Westone Thunder 1A [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]from the Matsumoku factory in Japan. This is a great piece of history, but I'd let it go for £125.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]This is a precision bass with original DiMarzio pickups; with adjustable cores to the pickups, to allow you to adjust the sound to your taste.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is an active bass and the electrics are the originals with the exception of the battery connectors and switches, which I've replaced. The switches and pots all work well.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There's no buckle rash on the back, but it does have scars from a long life of use. That said, this bass has few, if any bare patches though the lacquer.[/font][/color]

I've leveled and crowned the frets, Th[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]e strings are good and it's nicely set up. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The weight of this is about "medium" really. It weighs 4.3Kg. That's 9.48lb in old money. It sits well on the strap without any neck dive and doesn't break your back.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for looking. The pics aren't the greatest. I might try to get some better ones soon. If you want pics of anything in particular just post below and I'll be pleased to get you the best ones I can.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For those reading in black and white, I live on the Herts/Essex border but do travel about and might be able to deliver. I'm also happy to ship it by UPS at cost. Payment by cash or bank transfer prefered.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No trades right now thanks.[/font][/color]

More pictures can be found [url="http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/Grangur/slideshow/Westone%20Thunder%202"]here[/url]:

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1476224880' post='3152557']
That's a bargain. GLWTS!
[/quote]
The last time I sold a Thunder it was in almost mint condition and it sold on Evilbay for £225 plus carriage.

Regrettably the prices of these seem to have come down a lot. But this is certainly a lot of bass for the money. I got it for a good price with no strings and not working. I've fixed it up but with changing few parts.

My trouble is I collect basses to do up. I love doing it. I simply don't have the space to keep them all.

I had a Thunder Jet back in the early 80's. Great bass it was. I recall playing one of these in the shop, the day I bought the Thunder Jet. I had a hard time choosing which to buy. There wasn't much in it, playing-wise -this was active, but the Jet had a few more frets (first I saw with 24, I think) the pickups / sound on the 1A was louder & punchier, but I liked the matt black finish on the Jet

As others have said, and you've pointed out - we can't collect all the basses we like! Otherwise, I'd have this at that bargain price. As you say, they've come down in price recently, but these are rather under-valued IMO

GLWTS I'm sure it'll be gone asap for that price :)

[quote name='DanTM' timestamp='1476277699' post='3152944']
If only the colour would be different .... I just don't like that natural look :(
[/quote]

Lol all my basses are natural finish atm.

Edited by Grangur