Why become a member? ×

Electro Harmonix Bass micro synth

andytoad

Hi, heres a good one for the all knowing!
I have a electro harmonix Bass micro synth, the problem is it sounds s**t when the signal is clean, it tnds to loose tone. could this be because i need to modify it witha true tone bypass? if so, how do i go about it?

As you probably know, it has a clean signal fader, which seems to do nothing, could this be broken and therefore the problem?

many thanks for you help in advance!

Andrew

Edited by andytoad

Well, I have always had the BMS but never used it due to the tone, I currently have a rackmount compressor and a Ashdown 500 head.
I have decided to go pedal mad tho and get an ashdown dual band compressor, a double big muff and a Boss Flanger to add to it. Im thinking of doing a pedal board.

what do you think of the choice as im not 100% clued up on pedals? this was the result of a little research.

How can I solve the BMS bypass problem, I though they were not bypass and thus needed to do it myself?

I have one on order. My solution is to have a true bypass strip made. I will have 4 loops, one for overdrive, one for distortion, one for fuzz and one for the BMS. It will also have blend on each loop, so even if I get some pedals that don't keep the low end I will be able to mix in some of the clean bass signal. So, there's one solution for you.