Why become a member? ×

Hello from West Somerset

Stevehill

Hi, and thanks for accepting me onto the forum. I'm looking forward to the wealth of knowledge on here and hopefully I can make a few constructive comments along the way.

I first picked up a bass in the early 90's! Since then I've played in all sorts of cover, original and tribute bands but now find myself in a reformed version of my very first band.

I play my US G&L l2500 into an Ampeg V4b and 810 cab but also have an SVT5 pro head and a Trace Elliot 115 combo. It's been a long journey gear wise and it took years to find the tone I wanted, of course, we're never happy and I have my eye on an SVT212 to make things a little smaller and lighter.

I love most music and respect any one that has the guts to pick up an instrument, but my main love is hard rock from classic bands like Purple, Sabbath and Thin Lizzy to more modern (ish) stuff like Van Halen and Satriani, then a couple of recent finds, The Aristocrats and The Winery Dogs...can't get enough of them at the moment!

Thanks again for welcoming me in.