Why become a member? ×

Cabs to pair with an SVT 4pro?

28mistertee

As the title suggests, I'm currently looking for a change in cabs mainly due to weight and effort but also fancy something different.
I play in two loud hard rock and punk covers bands and run a pair of Ampeg 410hle's with my 4 pro mono bridged. From time to time my back does give me grief so considering lightening the load a little and considering 2x112s , 2x212s, 2x210s or maybe a combination. Ideally I'd still like to run the 4pro mono bridged so I still have plenty of balls so obviously the cabs need to handle this. I used to run a 412 previous to this, loved the tone but my back didn't. Could anyone give me any pointers? Many thanks in advance.

Depends of course on budget, but if funds allow I`d be looking at Barefaced, Schroeder, TKS or Bergantino. Barefaceds 12" range are pretty much uncoloured, their 10" Retro range is voiced more towards traditional sounding bass cabs (much like Ampeggy sort of sounds), Schroeders have a slight mid-bias, but this really works in the mix on cutting through. I`ve no experience of TKS but have only read good things about them. And Bergs, well in a cab shootout a couple of years back that we did their CN212 was the runaway winner.