Why become a member? ×

NBD: Warwick Corvette 5 string: Refin in progress

Grangur

This really makes me so happy to see!

This bass held quite a lot of sentimental value for me but after a very tough gigging life (I'd say it probably played around 900 sweaty pub gigs in the time I had it) it had pretty much been put out to pasture as the type of bass I needed for gigging had changed.
After a while of not being used, the bridge seized up completely so I couldn't get it set up with the much lower action I'd gotten used to from my other basses. After that it was left to languish unplayed under the bed for the best part of a year.

Recently though I started feeling that, despite its sorry state and my sentiments towards it, there was the core of a truly excellent instrument being wasted on me.

Fortunately Granger here came to its rescue and it looks absolutely fantastic! I have to say this bass still has one of the best tones I've ever heard so for it to be back to its best and getting the love and attention it really deserves is brilliant.

Top job, it looks amazing!

Many thanks to all for your kind words.
I'm really pleased Painy likes it and approves. :)

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1477330500' post='3161501']
Very nicely done - bet you're glad now that you had the nerve to carry out a full refret. I like the signs of ageing in the body wood too, very characterful.
[/quote]

Yes, I've done refret work before, just never had to contend with tangs not showing. I've also never gone this far on a higher end bass. Most have been on low cost basses and "cheep jobs" to help out other friends.

Doing this has really been rewarding.