Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING! SKC Bogart Blackstone Headless 4-string
£850

margusalviste

My new band calls for that old PBass sound and I've already got too many jazz basses - so it's finally time to let some basses go... Which is a difficult task as I have kept only THE VERY BEST INSTRUMENTS I've tried.

So for sale is one of my best basses ever - the '93 SKC Bogart Blackstone headless 4-string!
It's all composite but it sounds surprisingly big and woody, nothing like Status or other graphite neck basses, very close to my former 69 jazz btw. More growly and bites more though. Snappy highs of course, so it's a slap machine too! Super easy to play!
This particular bass has the highly praised Bartolini 9W4J pickups that sound much better than the new ones.

(Wow, I might buy it myself!!!)

So the bass will be sent out from Tallinn, Estonia, EU. The shipping cost to EU is included in the price!

Edited by margusalviste

Nice example of an early Bogart with the original ABM bridge (Stefan moved to ETS bridges in 1994). The 9W4J are indeed great, I have the same in my '93. What is the preamp? Kurandt or Noll?

Personally I would not sell, the old Bogarts are getting increasingly rare and truly are among the best graphite instruments you can buy at any price.

Thanks! The old ones are rare and exeptional basses, that's true. But then again all my collection of basses is exeptional and there's almost no room for all of then. Sadly!
This one has Noll preamp. It sounds awesome even compared to my high dollar basses and vintage Fenders I had. There are no shortcuts in that particular design.

Here's a little sound sample of my Bogart. Just recorded for you to get the picture of it's beautiful sound. Don't focus on my sloppy playing just listen to the sound. There's no EQ, the signal goes from Manley Tube Di to Lynx Aurora and into the Audio Interface. I added a tiny bit of UAD Neve compression and some reverb to fit the drums.

[color=#333333][font=sans-serif, Arial, Verdana,]​[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=sans-serif, Arial, Verdana,][url="https://soundcloud.com/margusalviste/bogart-headless-bass-sound"]https://soundcloud.c...less-bass-sound[/url][/font][/color]

First I play using my thumb and index finger, then two fingers while all the controls (pan & EQ) are in the center position, then I turn the pan knob towards the neck pickups and in the end you can listen to the bridge pickup.
[color=#333333][font=sans-serif, Arial, Verdana,]Enjoy![/font][/color]

Edited by margusalviste