Why become a member? ×

2 in blend pedal with true bypass loop... is there such a thing? AWESOME DIAGRAM INCLUDED!

DawnPatrol1990

Hey every one

I've been trying to find a pedal lately that offers the following:

Blendable dual input with single out but also with a true bypass effects loop? Reason is, my overdrive pedal sounds great with the blend control thats on it but i've found if you run the blend on full and use the parallel out with a different EQ (this is my recording technique but i just use an EQ plug in on Logic 9) then you get a really full sound and basically, it sounds perfect to me.

Also, i want the pedal to have an effects loop so i can add in my wah and fuzz pedals at a single push. Obviously for that reason, i'd like it to be true bypass.

Here's my awesome Paintbrush diagram I just made for a rough example...

[attachment=230249:PEDAL DIAGRAM.png]

If anyone knows of such thing, please let me know!

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1476804413' post='3157414']
I doubt anyone makes it. What overdrive pedal is it?

I bet SFX could make one for you
[/quote]

Sorry, who are SFX? I just googled it and got a Si-Fi magazine haha!

And the overdrive is the Darkglass B7K but I wanted to use the parallel out to go to an EQ pedal that's essentially acting like a high pass filter and only allowing the low end through to really fill out the sound. On it's own it does sound great as said, i just wanted to add back some of those lows.

Edited by DawnPatrol1990

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1476808456' post='3157464']
Others to try if SFX doesnt meat your fancy: [url="http://www.brightonion.co.uk/"]Bright Onion pedals[/url], [url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/"]DHA[/url], or [url="http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/"]COG[/url].
[/quote]

Thanks! I'll take a look on their sites :)

[quote name='A.G.E.N.T.E.' timestamp='1476812940' post='3157531']
The closest pedal i know is the Boss Ls2...
[/quote]

Nah i've looked at the LS2 and it won't do what I need unfortunately!

A Boss LS-2 will do half of it, i.e. blending the B7K with an EQ'ed clean signal. Put the B7K and EQ in separate loops. Ignore the parallel out of the B7K and let the LS-2 split your signal for you. Set the mix levels with the LS-2, then if you want to bypass the EQ and just have the B7K blended with clean, just turn off the EQ. Or if you just want the B7K soloed, hit the LS-2 to switch to just that loop instead of the mix of A+B.

Alternatively, SFX also do a simple mini mix pedal that sums two pedals together - you could use this instead of the above to blend the output of the EQ pedal and the B7K effect out. Since they both have volume knobs you can do without them!

That's the blend portion out of the way - then just use a separate true bypass loop for the rest of the wah/fuzz chain.

But if you want it all in one box, I would hit up SFX, COG, Bright Onion, etc!

Edited by dannybuoy

• 1 month later...