Why become a member? ×

New band - first gig

vsmith1

Since leaving my first band, which I co-founded, at the end of 2015. The new year's Eve gig was my last. It's been a longer road than expected to get to a first gig with a new band.

So Minnie and the Coopers are playing at a private party on Saturday 22nd Oct. We've got a good couple of sets of covers (14 and 20 songs) and not a single Beatles number, or Mustang Sally in it at all. Saying that, I confess we do have All Right Now, Get It On and Teenage Dirtbag. We are a 4 piece: Female vocal and guitarist; guitarist, drummer and me on bass and some backing vocals. That's more the new role for me. Our lead vocalist has brought a number of great songs - there are three Pretenders, three Police, a couple of Blondie and a P!nk song. I'll be using my fretless for a single song already retuned for Eb/Ab/Db/Gb - Black Velvet, otherwise it'll be the 4-string.

Looking forward to playing, but more worried about the organisers getting the marquee set up, power, heating, flooring as well difficult to load in and out.