Why become a member? ×

Opinions on Vanderkley 4x10"

Shiveringbass

Hello,

There are a lot of talks about the 12" equiped Vanderkley cab but not so much about the 10" and especialy the 4x10".

If you've tried the 4x10", could you share your opinion about this cab ?

I've got a Glockenklang Quattro that I'd like to replace for something more manageable.

Is the VDK is in the same tone univers ?

Thanks in advance

I owned and gigged one for a while.
My reflections are..,
Very loud (way more than I would ever need)
Very detailed accurate sound
Very deep low end
Very musical tweeter that can be adjusted to taste
Beautifully made faultless build quality
Weighs 24kg and handles 1000 watts
My Magellan 800 didn't ever seem to unsettle it
Simply the best 410 I have ever used.

Thanks IanA for the reply.
“very deep low end” frightens me a bit. Is it still controlled low end or the kind that rumbles everywhere ?
Did you have, by chance, the opportunity to try a Glock cab ?
If not, I’ve read somewhere (Bowlu bass blog I think) that the Glock 4x10 is somehow close to the Bergantino HS410.
I’ve played on big stages recently and felt that my usual gigging cab, a Tecamp 2x12, was not pushing enough air for the rest of the band. So I’d like to come back on the good old 4x10 but without sacrifying the portability of my 22kg Tecamp.

This cab does not rumble, it is deep yet accurate. Can't say I ever struggled to get a good live sound, it was lush.
I have not played the Glock but did own a HS410 for a while. That was an awesome cab, quite old school compared to the 410LNT which is voiced quite modern.
The HS410 is that tight in the low end that it gets compared to sealed cabs.

[quote name='Shiveringbass' timestamp='1476892502' post='3158204']
Thanks IanA for the reply.
“very deep low end” frightens me a bit. Is it still controlled low end or the kind that rumbles everywhere ?
Did you have, by chance, the opportunity to try a Glock cab ?
If not, I’ve read somewhere (Bowlu bass blog I think) that the Glock 4x10 is somehow close to the Bergantino HS410.
I’ve played on big stages recently and felt that my usual gigging cab, a Tecamp 2x12, was not pushing enough air for the rest of the band. So I’d like to come back on the good old 4x10 but without sacrifying the portability of my 22kg Tecamp.
[/quote]
If you want to hear them in action just listen to any video of Scott Devine, he uses them with MarkBass amps and they do sound deep, not rumbly or muddy but deep. They are a great match for modern sounding amps as they complement each other very well.