Why become a member? ×

Semi Acoustic v Acoustic B/G

gypsyjazzer

New to bass guitar. (Double Bass player). My question is:

Those of you who have experienced playing a [b]semi-acoustic B/G with a built in pickup system[/b] and playing a[b] full bodied acoustic B/G[/b] [b]and fitting your own pickup[/b]. Is there a notable difference in the [b]depth [/b]of the note played on a full bodied acoustic B/G?-- both instruments on the same amp setting.

Your experience's welcome.

I haven't heard of a full bodied acoustic bass guitar which doesn't come with a built in piezo pickup in the bridge. I don't think you need to fit one but I have never played an electro acoustic bass that was loud enough other than in my home to play and be heard without amplification. I eventually sold mine as there was no point, my solid bodied fretless bass has a piezo bridge that sounds the same as an amplified acoustic but no risk of feedback.

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1476903707' post='3158376']
I haven't heard of a full bodied acoustic bass guitar which doesn't come with a built in piezo pickup in the bridge.................
[/quote]

First series of EKO BA4 with the trapeze type tailpiece. Jazz bass pickup fits in soundhole nicely (with diy adapter plate). They are certainly full bodied in terms of size.