Why become a member? ×

New **RED*** Squier Affinity P/J

mcnach

I haven't tried these but Squier is putting out really decent instruments these days, and now they have a P/J that looks as good as this?

Even I am tempted to try it! :lol:

[url="https://giggear.co.uk/buy/squier-affinity-p-bass-pj-racing-red-rosewood"]https://giggear.co.uk/buy/squier-affinity-p-bass-pj-racing-red-rosewood[/url]

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1476918857' post='3158575']
That looks good mcnash. The Squiers I've tried in the last few years have been excellent basses.

I sometimes wonder why I spend more on Fenders. :blink:

Frank.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that Squiers are better than Fenders... but many Squiers are simply great instruments. My '94 Korean Squier Jazz has been my favourite Jazz for years ahead of various Fenders that came and went, despite its plywood body and all. It has a great neck. I put a set of Area J pickups on it and it is just lovely. It's only fallen to second place recently to my Roadworn Fender Jazz because it has a Precision neck which I prefer and... the roadworn Jazz is just pretty sweet in so many ways.

If I were looking for a P/J, I'd check these Squiers. The fact they come in that beautiful red finish already puts bad thought in my head :lol:

[quote name='luckman67' timestamp='1477083852' post='3159841']
It's only the thinner bodies that put me off Squier's, yet the CV series was full body thickness.
[/quote]

Hmm, I don't think any of mine had thinner bodies, although I haven't had that many.

That price is certainly amazing. I could be tempted by the metallic red.

A whole PJ bass for not much more than the value of a set of decent pups and strings!

That said, if you upgrade this, isn't it a bit like what they used to say about doubling the value of a Skoda by filling it with petrol?

Edited by Grangur