Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** HB PB-50 (custom 51 Fender look-a-like)
£170

jimbartlett

PRICE DROP TO £SOLD

I have to sell a couple of my basses due to the Mrs getting the hump with my new one arriving. Here is my relic 51 P-Bass copy which is based on a Harley Benton.

The neck has the headstock reshaped & wood stain aged to look like a fender and a waterslide applied. The machine heads and neck plate are from a mexican P Bass. It has an added ashtray over the bridge. The bridge is a Babicz full contact.

Between frets 8/9 on the D & G string there is some fret buzz (a dressing would sort this but it's beyond my skills) but apart from that a lovely low action, nice neck and has a fine set of Fender flatwounds on which are practically new.

I'd prefer pickup from the Dartford (kent) area but if you want to arrange a courier then I can wrap this up for you. NO CASE INCLUDED.

Edited by jimbartlett

Hi,

It's a Wilkinson MWBP Alnico vintage PB-style single coil pickup, really nice sounding!

The fret buzz is caused by a high fret on the 7th or 8th fret. It just needs a bit of filing or sandpapering down which is beyond my skill set but I'm sure a YouTube video would show you how to sort it if you are handy. The neck is perfect, a lovely feel to it and frets are absolutely fine and the action on this is nice and low.

Thanks

Jim