Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRBX 300 or 500

artisan

I really can't decide which of these to go for so would appreciate a bit of help.
I am going to get one of them in either 4 or 5 string,only used for noodling at home & as backup in case my double bass decides to fall to pieces.
the 300 is tempting due to it's cheap price but i'm not too sure on the preamp presets.
the 500 looks temping with a more usual 3 band eq & the active passive option.
i guess the construction & body/neck are the same on both basses ?
i really fancy a Yamaha as i've never actually owned one before but keep hearing good things about them,plus i like the looks of them too.
cheers.

Only just sold my 305 and they're fantastic basses. The only reason I sold it, is because my BB1025 is just my dream bass and my other passive basses just suit my sound more than active basses.

The presets are fantastic, a real nice modern touch to a classic and improved Yamaha model .
It's the icing to a well constructed and rich in flavour cake with no soggy bottoms, hahaha

What I did love about the 305 generally was that for the price, it has a 5 piece neck, lovely fretboard, mahogany body with comfortable contours to fit anyone like a glove and versatile pickups for such a small budget. I paid £375 just over a year ago and they're even cheaper now- if not second hand from the marketplace ;)

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1477143108' post='3160120']
I really loved the look of the 505 and was gassing for one, until I listened to all the various clips and demos I could find and it was clear that the 305 sounded better and was cheaper!
[/quote]
Thanks you for that it helped me make my mind up,so I now have a TRBX304 being delivered on Saturday morning.
Hope I like it :)
Cheers