Why become a member? ×

SOLD! 1971 Fender Precision bass with an (A) Jazz neck. SOLD!
£1995

thebrig

[color=#ff0000][b]SOLD! SOLD! SOLD![/b][/color]

[b]1971 Fender Precision bass with an (A) Jazz neck, quite rare for the era.[/b]

[b]£1,995 Posted![/b]

This is a 1971 Fender Precision bass all original as far as I know, I have put on a period correct scratch plate because the original one is a bit warped due to age, and the end part by the input has broken off which was quite common, this will of course be included in the sale as well as the rather battered original case.

This really is a well used bass and shows all the scars to prove it, the paint is very brittle and can chip off if you catch your fingers on it, but it does look nice though and it really is a talking point whenever I gig it.

It is one of the rare precisions of this era where they occasionally produced them with a Jazz neck (A neck), usually to order I believe.

It sounds like a 1971 Fender Precision, I think that’s all I need to say regarding tone etc, it plays nice and the Jazz neck’s narrower nut width makes it feel just right for me.

If you live nearby, or you happen to be in the Bridgnorth area, you are more than welcome to come and try it out, I’m retired now so can I be at home anytime to suit you.

Out of curiosity I entered the serial number into the Guitar Data Project and this was the result.

[url="http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx"]http://www.guitardat...org/fender.aspx[/url]

Your guitar was made at the
Fullerton Plant (Fender - CBS Era), USA
in 1971
Production Number: 320319

Edited: to add a couple of pics of the neck which I just took alongside my Jazz (1971 bass is on the left).
The frets are very nicely finished as you can see in the second pic.

Edited by thebrig