Why become a member? ×

Short Scale Gig Bag

King Tut

I bought this guitar size gigbag for my short scale Ibanez Mikro. Excellent quality. More a soft case than just a gigbag. The pics dont do it justice. Its actually black with brown. Looks black + pink on website.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_premium_gigbag_eguitar_br.htm?ref=search_rslt_Guitar+gigbag_243805_7

I bought one of these Harvest Short scale gig bags from a forum member and can highly recommend them. Great quality.
[url="http://www.harvest-guitar.com/Cow-Antique-oxid-9.html"]http://www.harvest-guitar.com/Cow-Antique-oxid-9.html[/url]

I've never considered buying another gigbag to fit my short scales. My danelectro longhorn fits my telecaster guitar gigbag perfectly. If I'm taking my mustang, musicmaster or squier jag shortie out, I use the same standard Fender gigbag I use for my 34" basses. The extra space at the headstock end is not a big deal - there's just about room to stash a mid-rehearsal snack such as a pack of monster munch.

I use a regular 34" gig bag and just put a 4" thick wad of foam down at the bottom which works fine. I also have a Fender Urban short scale bag but that hardly has any padding so only use it at home.

The Maruszczyk gig bag that came with my s-s Cazpar is really nice and very well padded, i.e. it stands up on its own when empty. Now I've got a fitted hard case for that, I'm using the bag for my Ibanez Talman, which is a perfect snug fit. Confusingly, Adrian offers a 'Standard' bag at 120cms long and a 'Medium' at 110cms - mine is the shorter 'Medium' one. The bags are available from Adrian's online shop at www.public-peace.de for Euro39 but don't know what p&p would add to that. Shame about the crap exchange rate too!!

• 4 months later...

Any updates on this? I have been using my long scale TGI gig bag for my Mustang but sometimes I need that for a Precision while I have the Mustang as a spare. I had a Fender Urban Short Scale gig bag with my previous Mustang, but as has been mentioned there is very little padding.

Just to be clear, a guitar gig bag is about an inch too short for a Mustang!

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1489222452' post='3255240']
My Spector CTB Fretless (30 3/8-inch scale) came in a very nice Gator Pro-Go Gig Bag.

Just checked and the internal length is a fraction over 41-inches.
[/quote]

That's the same as a skinny-string guitar. Your Spector has a 2-a-side headstock, whereas the Mustang's 4-a-side headstock makes it that bit longer.