Why become a member? ×

sudden tone suck? "quality" pedals

hrnn1234

Hi everyone!

I've started experiencing a sudden tone suck with the sa!e gear I was using before without issues.

The gear is my Cort B4, polytune, bass big muff, dv mini dist (same as the markbass) and a mooer tender octaver. This is all Powered by a one spot type power source.

If I use only the tuner the sound is fine. But when I connect a second pedal it gets horribly muffled.

I tried changing the order, putting the tuner up front (thinking the buffered output could be of some help), daisy chaining from the tuner pedal and from the power source but regardless the tone dies whenever there is a second pedal, no matter which one.

What could be causing this? It's throwing me off especially because of the spontaneity. It was working perfectly fine before!

Thanks in advance for all the tips!!

Cheers

Run each pedal on its own. See if there's any difference. Do the same with each patch cable. Just basic fault finding/elimination. The one spot can/should easily handle all those pedals with no fuss.

Also the PT is true bypass so no buffer there.

Get a cheap true bypass loop pedal and test all your patch cables with it. With just a simple patch cable in the loop, you shouldn't hear anything turning it on or off, but I was surprised to find some of mine either dulled the signal or added noise, so I binned those!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1477138109' post='3160078']
Get a cheap true bypass loop pedal and test all your patch cables with it. With just a simple patch cable in the loop, you shouldn't hear anything turning it on or off, but I was surprised to find some of mine either dulled the signal or added noise, so I binned those!
[/quote]

+1

My old Dunlop Wah (the white one) was the culprit in my old setup. Once identified, it was replaced with a G-Labs wah and life is good again :)