Why become a member? ×

White Yamaha BB5000 5 string MIJ - SOLD!
£750

steviedee

I have for sale my white Yamaha BB5000 5 string. I just don't play the 5 string much (at all) and I'm thinking of buying a new amp. I have to say it's one of the best sounding basses I have and I will regret selling it.

It's the classic 80s 5 string, gold hardware super thin neck and for me has an absolutely classic monster tone.

For info, I picked up the bass a few years ago and had a partial refin carried out by a luthier I use, someone had messed around with paintwork on the body, it's an incredible job he has matched the slightly off white colour perfectly.

There are some dings and looks like someone may have tried to fit a different machine head and the pickup surrounds are a bit tarnished. I'm highlighting the negatives here but in general the bass is in great condition for bass that is around 25 years old.

The bass is from 86 to 89 and made in Japan as it's serial config matches the one below and it says 'made in Japan'

[i][b]Made in Japan[/b][color=#333333][font=Georgia,], 1986-1989:[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia,]#-letter-#####. [/font][/color][b]5I04013.[/b]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia,]The first number is an internal code. The letter is the month; February (see chart). The next two numbers are the date; 4th. The last three numbers are the unit number; 13. There is no indication of year in this configuration–just “sometime between ’86 and ’89.[/font][/color][/i]

It comes with the original case albeit a wee bit tatty on the outside.

Looking for £750 plus postage.

I'm going to say the obligatory 'if it doesn't sell I'll be happy' and in this instance it's true!

[attachment=230528:IMG_8462.JPG]
[attachment=230529:IMG_8463.JPG]
[attachment=230530:IMG_8469.JPG]
[attachment=230531:IMG_8475.JPG]

Can anyone see this pic!

Edited by steviedee

[quote name='Lunden88' timestamp='1477206601' post='3160463']
Hi.. Its fitted with a Schaller brigde right? :)
[/quote]

Hi have to be honest I thought that was the stock bridge. But after a Google it seems far more substantial.

[quote name='Lunden88' timestamp='1477219027' post='3160582']
"Sold pending the usual" does that mean its sold, waiting for payment or something else? :D From Denmark and don't quite know the term :)
[/quote]

Hi it means just waiting for payment!