Why become a member? ×

Peavey Headliner 112 - anyone tried one ?

mxm

I'm on the lookout for a tiny venue friendly 'cheap and cheerful / rough and tumble / no thrills' 1x12 (or 1x15) cab. Lighter and smaller the better, but I'm not put off by a bit of weight presented in a compact package.

Which led me to the Peavey 112 Headliner - 400w (Eminence fitted) and at around £260 these seem to be decently appointed and I'd guess coming from Peavey - robust.

[attachment=230575:750-Headliner112_detail1.jpg]
[url="https://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/659/118867"]https://peavey.com/p...item/659/118867[/url]

Anyone got one or tried one ?

Thanks !

Edited by mxm

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1477286055' post='3161058']
400 watts "program" means probably about 200 RMS so don't go mad on the power front, although probably fine for a small venue.
[/quote]

Yup.

Peavey quote 400w programme and 800w continuous which had me thinking this could take some abuse !?!!

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='mxm' timestamp='1477287708' post='3161062']
Peavey quote 400w programme and 800w continuous which had me thinking this could take some abuse !?!!
[/quote]

Its 800 watts "peak" and peak watts are Behringer style fantasy watts - completely meaningless. I wouldnt be too put off though, looks like one of them would do for small venues/rehearsals, stack a 2nd one and you'd most likely have a decently loud general gig setup.