Why become a member? ×

Buying Bax Shop 'B' Stock?

spongebob

In the market for a new bass, and have found 1 on the Bax Shop at a good price.

It's listed as 'B' stock - only damage listed is light wear, as it's a customer return.

The saving is quite good - around £130 on brand new. Still with full warranty, etc.

Anyone got any experience of buying from them? Especially the B stock thing.

I'm not fussed about new - in fact, I'd rather save a bit and buy used. If their description is right....all intact, just 'light wear' (whatever that might take into account....!) ;)

The photo is the generic one for that bass - emailed them, and they said they'd bring it to their local office and inspect it.

I'm (maybe hoping) that they are using the stock photo as it is, for intents and purposes, a new instrument....albeit with some 'light wear'!

Being a customer return, how much damage could possibly be done? They claim that all damage is listed.....and besides the light wear, there isn't any!

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1477246533' post='3160845']
Not a problem now - tried to buy and checkout, and was given a 'problem, contact customer service'.

Then directed to a generic contact form!

Think I'll pass....
[/quote]
Perhaps they disabled the buy option for this bass as it's now being processed. I'd wait for their reply, they've always been 10/10 with me.