Why become a member? ×

Chorus that won't get lost in the mix?

Westenra

I also have the MXR B.C.D. and although I've just played about with it in the house, it sounds like a keeper.

Surprisingly, not too chorusy unless you set the wobble factor high and as said, the xover is a great feature. The flanger might be good if that's your thing (would have loved this to be a phaser).

I currently use the chorus in my Nova System, and I love the over the top, sweet chorus, but there's a big bass boost when engaged which is pretty annoying and I can find no way to get rid of that, so will be moving back to individual pedals. I really love the Nova System though.....

And surprisingly, the £30 Beta Aivin bass chorus was a great sounding pedal as well.

D.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1477242557' post='3160812']
Not cheap but my Moog clusterflux is great and very present in the mix
[/quote]

Is the minifooger chorus in the same sort of field? Obviously bar the self oscillation.

Thanks for the input guys! Don't suppose any come with a tap tempo/presets/midi because I'm looking into synching everything up.

The Tech 21 is great for the harmonized sound with no modulation and more modern sounds in general. Very tweakable and easy to use in different setups. The Providence ABC-1 has real vintage character, but properly voiced for bass; the high pass filter controls how much of the low end gets chorused and the deep switch goes from a Boss CE-2-esque wide/spacious tone to a warmer/wetter EH type sound. The Providence can be set to sound very lush but still present in a band mix, and if you use it after drive it doesn't add hiss. I've not tried the Bass Clone but at that low price it's tempting!

Also in support of the MXR - sounds really good and pleased to have retired my Boss flanger and Boss chorus as this does both very well in one unit. IMO many bass players over use effects, (too wet) and muddy the sound, ideally we should if possible keep these just in the upper freq in the harmonics e.g. bi amping or if you have stereo keep one side clean for bass, our job is the bass with occasional colour - but subtle unless soloing.

My vote goes to the TC Electronics Corona Chorus as mentioned by the OP. Not only is this the best ive personally used, its fully programmable. To my ears its tweak-able enough to get most Chorus type tones, although im not suggestion it sounds exactly like any of the above in isolation.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/corona-chorus/toneprints/

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on style really, I never play clean chorus and always need a boosted signal into Unichorus, which sounds just about right to me with rate at 8 (slowest setting) and Depth at 5 (deepest). Sounds huge but I think you need a really clear tone for chorus to work withour getting muddy, like most modulation stuff on bass.

• 2 weeks later...