Why become a member? ×

How do I remove the grill from my Aguilar DB112?

Painy

The title says it all really. Looks like I killed the speaker at last night's gig :(.
I can get a new speaker next day delivery which is great as I have a gig next week but I can't work out how to get the grill off to swap the speaker over.
Any help would be much appreciated.

This has now turned into a bit of a saga.
After trying everything I could think of to remove the grill (pulling on the badge screws with pliers while levering under the edge with a screwdriver etc.) And even with the help of my neighbor, it was simply not shifting.
In the end I had no choice but to bite the bullet and cut through the grill cloth to get to the frame underneath :(!
Even then, with both hands firmly holding the wooden frame and my neighbor pushing down the on the cab itself, I think I still nearly ruptured something exerting enough force to get it off. I couldn't believe it was just held in with velcro. I reckon a square inch of it would have taken my whole body weight!
Anyway, the speaker is now changed over and working again but I'm now in the process of ordering some new grill cloth and piping (which also took a bit of a hammering in the process).
I think when I put it all back together I may just use blu-tack instead of the velcro ;).

Just a quick update on this. Contacted Barnes and Mullins - Aguilar's UK distributor - and they don't stock the grill cloth or the piping so they in turn spoke to Aguilar for me who were apparently also unable to provide the cloth or piping.
They did however offer to provide a complete replacement baffle for £204!
I have just bought enough cloth and piping to do both cabs (so that they match) for under £20 total.

Edited by Painy