Why become a member? ×

1x15" + mids cab in 4 ohms?

gillento

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,]Is there a single 15" + mid driver in 4ohms available?[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,]Looking to pair one of these with my Mesa Walkabout, so 4 ohms is a must.[/font][/color]

Edited by gillento

I have 2 Eich 115XS cabs and while I'm not exactly sure where the crossover point is, the hi freq driver sure is more useful than a tweeter, esp. for fretless. The 1210S looks interesting as well as a 1 cab solution.

There are sure to be others as well...

D.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1478442538' post='3169060']

I asked them. They don't anymore.
[/quote]

Bassgear, near Reading, have a used one at the moment, that they claim is in vvgc. Been humming and hawing about it, but am sticking with my PJBs. May be worth a look.

If I can offer another suggestion, I have two PJB C4s and I'd advise trying the full fat, as well as the Lite versions. The Lite's use PJ's Neo drivers, which are a bit less pokey than the Piranhas in the standard C4 (which I have - bought them after comparing the two). Lites lovely for jazz/clean sounds, but a but polite by comparison, I found.

[quote name='deksawyer' timestamp='1477345769' post='3161671']
I'm not exactly sure where the crossover point is
[/quote]

It's 3.5k

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1478530154' post='3169622']
Bassgear, near Reading, have a used one at the moment, that they claim is in vvgc. Been humming and hawing about it, but am sticking with my PJBs. May be worth a look.
[/quote]

Was my cab. Superb, just too big. Plenty loud enough even at 8 ohms for my needs. Condition is, indeed, very good.

Edited by walbassist