Why become a member? ×

SOLD MEC / Warwick 2 Band Active EQ circuit harness
£50

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I am selling my MEC 2 band active EQ. I bought this secondhand on eBay some time ago but will not use it as most of my pickups are passive. It is from a 2006 German-made Warwick Standard Corvette. This is the entire circuit harness.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I am selling it for the same amount I bought it for. UK postage included.[/font]

Unfortunately I can't give any advice on which basses it'll fit or how to fit it as I am completely clueless.

[attachment=230647:DSC07847b.jpg]

Pictures here:
[url="https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3vzHZmGDdwKM3FJUXhpM2s4dkU"]https://drive.google...M3FJUXhpM2s4dkU[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Here's the original description from when I bought it:[/font]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Warwick bass 2 Band Active EQ circuit harness[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]All in full working order[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]This is the entire circuit harness (minus the active pickups) taken from a 2006 German made Warwick Standard Corvette bass.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]All Warwick chrome knobs are included, as are the battery clip and barrel-style output jack.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b][u]PLEASE NOTE! [/u][/b]- This circuit is only for active pickups such as MEC, EMG, or Seymour Duncan Blackouts. The pots are not the optimal values to work with passive pickups.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The controls are master volume, pickup blend/balance (with a centre detent), stacked bass/treble boost/cut (with centre detent). So this requires minimum of 3 holes in an existing bass.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The barrel jack is standard on the majority of Warwick basses, but if this was being used on another bass with a front or plate mounted jack it is relatively straightforward to switch over the jack with a bit of soldering required etc.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]So all that is required is to wire up your pickup hot wires, grounds and the bridge ground, screw everything in place, add a battery and you're good to go. Please see my notes on a couple of the photos, showing assembly.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]For information this unit uses the MEC BEC2 H circuit.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]It's practically impossible to get these EQ circuits from anywhere other than direct from Warwick and they are priced at 232 Euros (£162)!!![/font][/i]

Edited by 72deluxe