Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics Vintage Compressor

niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='31340' date='Jul 13 2007, 03:42 PM']Still trying to avoid buying an EBS Multicomp - anyone tried or got opinions on the TC Electronics Vintage Compressor?[/quote]

My opinion would be to buy the T-Rex Compnova instead, it's made by the same people with the same parts, but put in a different box with a different name and sold under a different brand. And it's a lot cheaper.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='31363' date='Jul 13 2007, 04:11 PM']My opinion would be to buy the T-Rex Compnova instead, it's made by the same people with the same parts, but put in a different box with a different name and sold under a different brand. And it's a lot cheaper.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip 1976 - Sounds Great in Manchester sell 'em for £95 and the TC one for £129, I'll go and have a butcher's tomorrow. sh*tty colour though :)

If anyone's interested, I AB'd the TC Vintage and T-Rex at Soundsgreat (Manchester) and couldn't see any reason for paying the extra £35 (except for the aesthetics) for the TC, so I bought the T-Rex in toxic waste green.

I gigged with it last night and initial impressions are very good - it ain't a Multicomp but it does the job very nicely indeed. I really like the simplicity of the thing and the chicken head knobs give it a vintage feel as does the 60's avocado bathroom suite casing. F it, it's dark on stage anyway.