Why become a member? ×

YouTube help

0175westwood29

Now I know this is in the effects forum but I'm asking questions on effects

I'm looking to add something to my YouTube channel that will bring something different to it, rather than simple effects demos

Is there anything you guys would like to see? I want to keep doing the demos but add another weekly piece of content?

Firstly, I know you're asking about what else you can do - so I'm kinda missing the point with my post but trust me, I've got a handle on webternet things.

Agree with the above posts - you can post what you want but keep it sweet and you'll get the thanks for not waffling. Also, nobody wants to hear 'and if you click below you can subscribe to my channel blah blah blah' because no, we all know this and telling us on every video doesn't help us find what we're after. Intro text floating around - no. What will happen is that over time, your video will be watched for more time than the wafflers and you'll rank higher as a result. Less is indeed more.

Btw, just doing 'simple effects demos' as you say can be rather good - just do it better than the rest :)

I always find the most interesting part of pedals is how they interact with other pedals. How about doing demos showing how different pedals react to each other. Not necessarily 'take 2 pedals and show how they sound together' and more 'how will adding this pedal affect the rest of my board' especially at different settings, and in different positions.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1477439050' post='3162310']
I always find the most interesting part of pedals is how they interact with other pedals. How about doing demos showing how different pedals react to each other. Not necessarily 'take 2 pedals and show how they sound together' and more 'how will adding this pedal affect the rest of my board' especially at different settings, and in different positions.
[/quote]

This a great idea!

I'm happy with how I do my demos looking for ideas for more content that is still pedal based but not demos, so that idea is great

I like the demos where the some simple bass is played through a looper and then the knobs are turned to show progressive changes in sound. What I don't like is 5 minutes of somebody thrashing away at their bass without showing what the pedal can do.

It would also be good to see what pedals can't do - e.g. how low an octaver can track before it craps out.

Edited by Japhet

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1477588205' post='3163231']
I like the demos where the some simple bass is played through a looper and then the knobs are turned to show progressive changes in sound. What I don't like is 5 minutes of somebody thrashing away at their bass without showing what the pedal can do.

It would also be good to see what pedals can't do - e.g. how low an octaver can track before it craps out.
[/quote]

This.

Nothing worse than a pedal review consiating of 4 minutes of talking then 8 minutes of slap bass.

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1477609020' post='3163415']

This.

Nothing worse than a pedal review consiating of 4 minutes of talking then 8 minutes of slap bass.
[/quote]

Yeh for videos where it works I use a ditto to loop a line, only for octaves and filters I find it better without the looper.

Just got an es8 lots of videos already out there would you like to see anything from it?

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1477738506' post='3164132']
it may be just me but I find youtube videos of gear a bit of a waste of time, what they sound like on youtube and what they sound like live with you playing are 2 completely different things, just my opinion, no offence intended
[/quote]

None taken I just feel they give at least some reference