Why become a member? ×

Sold - Bass Collection SB315 - £200 Delivered
£200

NickD

Bass Collection SB315 (I'm 99.9% sure, but open to correction from the many Nanyo geeks on here)

It's been with me around 20 years, bought from Electro Music in Doncaster way back when I was a northerner, and is a really nice bass to play, but just doesn't get the attention it deserves after recent bouts of GAS. All original in terms of pickups and preamp, and sounds great. The pots etc grew a little scratchy over the years, so I had it into Guitar Aid earlier this year for a refresh, and now it's spot on.

Very dark blue, with a fine sparkle in it when the light hits. A few little knocks as is to be expected of a bass this age, but only one through the paint chip on the rear edge at the bottom as shown in the pics (dinged at a gig at RAF Bruggen, as I vividly and painfully remember), just light swirling in the paint other than that. Frets in good condition, no work required there. It's wearing old nickel roundwounds at the minute, that could probably do with changing if you want 'bright', but they sound great to my ears. 19mm spacing at the bridge, 24 frets. Just to note, it's shown here with Schaller strap buttons, but now has regular ones.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would also consider trades for lighter weight amplification stuff. As much as I love my old faithful 1 x 15 Trace Combo, getting down the stairs from the flat is a manual handling hazard waiting to happen, and I could probably pull together a few hundred quid to move towards a more portable option that would give me similar volume and bottom end.[/font][/color]

[color=#3C3241][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No case or gigbag so collection preferred, I do have a shedload of bubble wrap, and a robust box that I've just taken delivery of a bass in, so I'm happy to look at couriering at buyers expense and risk. I'm in Harrow, work in central London, and I'm also happy to look at halfway meetups over a sensible distance.[/font][/color]

[color=#3C3241][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any questions or specific pic requests just give me a shout[/font][/color]

Edited by NickD

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"...[i]a more portable option that would give me similar volume and bottom end.[/i].."[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]and there in lies your problem - nothing, I repeat nothing, can give you that Trace Elliot thump. Certainly no D Class amp anyway.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great basses these - and at a ridiculously low price - I've no doubt this will get snapped up pretty sharpish.[/font][/color]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1477500909' post='3162643']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"...[i]a more portable option that would give me similar volume and bottom end.[/i].."[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]and there in lies your problem - nothing, I repeat nothing, can give you that Trace Elliot thump. Certainly no D Class amp anyway.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great basses these - and at a ridiculously low price - I've no doubt this will get snapped up pretty sharpish.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Aw don't tell me that (although I think I'd probably guessed anyway). I don't suppose you've any Intel on Trace head + lightweight cab by way of compromise... surely that might work?

It is a lovely bit of kit this, and I'll be sorry to see the back of it. If it wasn't for space I'd still have every bass I'd ever owned.

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1477506489' post='3162701']
Aw don't tell me that (although I think I'd probably guessed anyway). I don't suppose you've any Intel on Trace head + lightweight cab by way of compromise... surely that might work?

It is a lovely bit of kit this, and I'll be sorry to see the back of it. If it wasn't for space I'd still have every bass I'd ever owned.
[/quote]

I've got a couple of Trace heads - on their own not that heavy. I've used it with a Vanderkley cab in the past with pleasing effect. I'd like to see Trace issuing a range with a Neo cab/speaker which would go a long way to silencing the nay-sayers.

Edited by TheGreek

I use a Trace Elliot AH 300-12 SMX rack mounted into an ABS flight case. It weighs in at 12kg and is a perfectly balanced carry with a Barefaced Supercompact in the other hand. Sounds the mutts, too.

@ TheGreek & Paul S - Thanks for that, looks like it's a viable option then, I don't mind a heavy head, that's never a problem.

My apologies for not coming back to this earlier, I wasn't being ignorant, I just didn't want to be bumping before I'm due on the pretense of conversation...

But I'm due now... so bump! :)

• 2 weeks later...