Why become a member? ×

Hello From Milton Keynes

addictedtobass

Hi Everybody

Thought i'd introduce myself. My name is bob im 44 years old and i live in the land of the roundabout. I have been a guitarist (6 string) for more years than i care to remember , but only just bought my first bass a couple of months ago, i bought a cheapie because i was only going to mess about on it but have since become hooked. i have just bought my second bass its only an epiphone eb0 in pelham blue but i love it , what it lacks in sound versatility it makes up on sheer good looks . i am busy trying to get a basic set up at the moment so i can annoy the neighbours and plan to maybe tweak my epi to see if i can get a tiny bit more tone variation out of it. i have a feeling this site will be a great help to me in the months and years to come.

Bob

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas , and its funny you should say that colin , i was talking to him a few days ago regarding setting up my bass properly . gonna get it sent off as soon as i can to let him have a tinker with it.he seemed like a really nice bloke and had time to chat about the bass even though i was only making an enqiry.

Edited by addictedtobass

hang on 3 bassists in Milton Keynes ?? there was me sure in the knowledge that i was the only bassist in the village. Thanks very much for the kind offer , i will take you up on that when work will actually let me stop at home for more than a few hours before making me up sticks across the U.K. , would be great to get a few tips / tricks and jam a little.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1477640060' post='3163457']
Hi Bob

Another Milton Keyney here, and Colin beat me to it re Andy V, if you want any help re gear gimme a PM and maybe we can meet up and have a play :)
[/quote]

Do I know you Oopsdabassist? This is Curvy!

[quote name='King Tut' timestamp='1477672995' post='3163814']
Do I know you Oopsdabassist? This is Curvy!
[/quote]
Yes Colin, I did some signal sighting with you years back when you with London Midland( still there?), bumped into you a few times round MK since, Rock Hards opening bash when Del Bromham was playing, currently banging around the circuit with a band called Blackout....among others!

Russ

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1477711524' post='3163996']
Yes Colin, I did some signal sighting with you years back when you with London Midland( still there?), bumped into you a few times round MK since, Rock Hards opening bash when Del Bromham was playing, currently banging around the circuit with a band called Blackout....among others!

Russ
[/quote]

Hi Russ . . . I've been through a lot since then that has killed a few memory cells but out the other side now! Yeah still on LM but gone back to driving/instructing. Blackout . . . . . with Eddie Robbins?

Colin