Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Sadowsky Metro UV70
£1400

obbm

Sadowsky Metro UV70 4-string Jazz

Full size Ash Body
Maple Neck and Fingerboard, Black Blocks and Binding
Black Scratchplate
Sadowsky Hum-cancelling pick-ups in 70s position.
VTC
Drop-D Tuner
Sadowsky Black Label Flatwounds
Sadowsky Case

£1400

Not interested in trades as I have my eye on something rather specific.

These were taken last year but will take some new one in daylight tomorrow.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1477650082' post='3163543']
Lovely bass. Are you willing to courier this?
[/quote]

Firstly I need to check if I have a suitable box and secondly who would I trust with it. :(

• 2 weeks later...

We had one of these in our store for a while. One the best 'Marcus' tones I've ever heard.

There was a day when Alex Al was over in London for a clinic at the Bass Guitar Show and his bass hadn't turned up. Alex is one of the most in demand bassists in the US - he was Michael Jackson's first call player for quite a while and has played with a huge array of top people, Anita Baker, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Lionel Richie etc etc.

He pretty much had his choice of any instrument at the show to borrow and chose a near identical Sadowsky UV70 because he said he knew it would be 100% reliable for him. When a serious session musician says something like this you know it's a top quality instrument.

A new one would be over £2K now so this is a good price too :)

Just checked some details on the new price of one of these for someone.

Because of the nasty dip in the value of the £, a UV70-MW-ASH4 (to use the official Sadowsky naming protocol) would come in just over £2,800 if ordered today.

It's the second most expensive variant of the Metro range with only the Will Lee being more expensive at about £100 more.

The D-Tuner would cost around £135 as well making a new one in this spec around £2,950.

Oh, and there's a 4 month wait for these as they are made to order only. . .

Makes this one look an even better deal :)

I have one of these and it's superseded everything.I rarely go active and the tone is outstanding.The G and D Strings never go missing in the mix and i get nothing but compliments from band and sound guys.Playing Rock at the moment and it has the Geddy growl in spades