Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics Cabs with GB Streamliner 900

Freddie75

Hi

I am using a Genz Benz Streamliner 900 through a TC Electronics RS212 (8ohms) and am thinking of getting an RS112 (8ohms) for a bit more oomph at larger gigs.

Will the Streamliner evenly distribute the power between the 3 speakers, is it safe to do this, or is this only possible using TC Electronics Amp heads?

I guess using 2 x 212s won't be an issue but not sure how this works with the 212 and 112 stack.

Many thanks
Freddie

[quote name='Freddie75' timestamp='1477833029' post='3164687']
Will the Streamliner evenly distribute the power between the 3 speakers, is it safe to do this, or is this only possible using TC Electronics Amp heads?
[/quote]

No amp will distribute 'evenly' between the 3 drivers in 2 cabs; each cab being 8 ohms will get half of the output. As a result the 2x12 drivers will be getting their half of the amp output split between them. Will it work? Yes. Will it sound OK? Almost certainly.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Freddie75' timestamp='1489181150' post='3255105']
Thanks Warwickhunt - any other opinions on this? Will it give me much more volume?
[/quote]

Sorry just seen this. Much more 'actual' volume... no but it will 'seem' a lot louder and the cab being elevated will help you hear it better, magnifying the 'loudness' effect.