Why become a member? ×

BDI21 DI and Jack output at the same time?

Chienmortbb

I would think so as it has a DI and a line out. So as long as either the desk/PA and monitor had the opposite input to each other (as in one took a DI and the other a jack) then you'd be ok. The only issue with a monitor taking that is it would need to be powered and have an onboard volume otherwise you'd have to control the volume via the BDI21. The BDI21 runs similar to my Tech 21 Bass Driver and I've looked into this too.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1478464932' post='3169246']
Could you not feed the monitors from the PA?
[/quote]I could but I would have to take a feed that included other instruments or vocals and of course others are happy with their monitor feeds. Also the monitor will be a combo amp so volume control is not a problem.

Edited by Chienmortbb

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1479366833' post='3175936']
that is the main function of a DI, to split your signal to the PA and to your Amp / monitor
[/quote]Strictly speaking DI means direct injection and is to allow direct input to a live or recording console. One in two out is a distribution amplifier.

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1479475978' post='3176836']
Strictly speaking DI means direct injection and is to allow direct input to a live or recording console. One in two out is a distribution amplifier.
[/quote]

ta,well then all the DI manufacturers have it wrong, because I have not seen a DI with just an XLR out in my 37 years of playing.

Though I have a sneaky feeling I'm about to see one :)

Edited by bazztard