Why become a member? ×

Pedalboards by "PedalBoard Solutions" (My new Venture)

0175westwood29

Ok so first of mods please move this if its in the wrong place!

Im looking to start my own custom Pedalboard company, ie you give me all the bits you want on a board or i source them for you, and put together a really nice polished neat board for you.

im looking to start soon as so if any of you guys would be interested or know of other band members then please send them over to my new Facebook page.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/PedalBoardSolutions/"]https://www.facebook...BoardSolutions/[/url]

its brand new so the page is pretty minimal atm!

all boards would be put together using planet waves solderless cable unless you wanted something else, each board would get a custom quote and can be posted or delivered if in a close enough area (Plymouth UK)

Andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1479425826' post='3176539']
Don't take this personally, but I'm assuming you've done your research and believe there to be a market for this? I just can't quite see it myself as effect chains can be a very personalised thing and can take quite a while to get right through trial and error i.e. playing them live through the rig you use.
[/quote]

NO offence taken

It's something I enjoy, but for a lot of people have a board but dntwant the hassle of making it tidy etc. Trying to attract more touring guys etc who just want something solid.

Looking to make a few quid and make some cool boards not looking for a monthly wage I have a day job

Don't think TRAPCo is going any more, or rather Shep sold his share to Mark ages ago.
I know Dan @ Gig-Rig does this for quite big acts (presumably because it's pretty expensive).

It's not something I'd invest in, simply because I'm constantly tinkering and changing stuff, ripping it off and starting again. Unfortunately this means that it's never tidy haha.
Sure there's plenty of people who'd be interested, but yeah, needing to be on Facebook in order to view details of the page might be a little restricting perhaps, maybe a Tumblr type holding page would also help.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1479997015' post='3180882']
Don't think TRAPCo is going any more, or rather Shep sold his share to Mark ages ago.
I know Dan @ Gig-Rig does this for quite big acts (presumably because it's pretty expensive).

It's not something I'd invest in, simply because I'm constantly tinkering and changing stuff, ripping it off and starting again. Unfortunately this means that it's never tidy haha.
Sure there's plenty of people who'd be interested, but yeah, needing to be on Facebook in order to view details of the page might be a little restricting perhaps, maybe a Tumblr type holding page would also help.

Si
[/quote]

Yeh I'm looking at ways of expanding ATM

I'm not sure how it would be worth it to do as a hobby business on the side.

You'd still have to have proper insurance while other people's pedals are in your possession and if they can't bring them round to you, you'll need some sort of courier arrangement.

If you are going to charge somewhere between £10 and £20 per hour and it takes you 2 hours to wire up a chunky board properly, then you'll either be paying the courier out of your money or asking the client to pay it.

Either that leaves you with no profit or it gets expensive to the client very quickly.