Why become a member? ×

Hello from a newbie

bass-ralf

Hello everybody,

i am new in this forum, but i do read it for quite a while.

I live in germany an d play bass for more than 30 years. Looking for powerful and lightwight new amplification I read about aer bass amps in this and other forums. Searching for more informations about aer, I found out these days, that there seems to be a new aer website:
aer-music.com
Does anybody know anything about it and the bassamps?

I have ordered one just because I read so much great comments about the amps and am about to use it in concert the first time for the following weekend.

greetings,
Ralf

Hi Richard, Ralf,

Welcome to Basschat. It's always good to hear from new folk.

Regrets, but I know nothing about AER gear. Maybe starting another thread to ask about that would be a good idea. With AER in the title it might get more attention from the right people?

All the best

Richard

Hello Ralf, and welcome to basschat :)
I don't know much about AER. But there seem to be many lightweight bass amps & cabs around these days.

I like Markbass, Epifani, and TC Electronics gear myself. I particularly like my 2 Epifani 1x10 cabs.
Despite their small size, and light weight they do pack a punch!

plenty of other options too, from the like of PJB and Barefaced etc etc
Personally, as I get older, I'm really glad equipment is being designed with portability in mind :)

EDIT: Genz Benz and Vanderkley are also names that come up regularly and seem to have many fans

All the best
Marc

Edited by Marc S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I live in Wuppertal at the edge of the "Ruhrgebiet".
Thanks Grangur for your idea of starting another thread with aer in the title. I didn´t do so at first, because I am a newbie and I didn´t want to sound like someone who just wants to do a kind of advertise or commercial for the aer company.
But at least, I am so impressed with that stuff, that I would agree to do so if they would ask me (why?!? See below).

The new website[font="Arial, sans-serif"] seems to be absoluteley new, as it is missing some informations such as the specs of the amps. I guess the site is still in the building and will be growing soon.[/font]

Meanwhile I got my amp one and I am totally amazed!
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]I absolutely L O V E that bass amp, as I have found no other amp that lets me hear my bass even in the largest Band- settings! I don´t know how they manage this, but the amps can really do that![/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]I can hear every frequency. Till now, that was never the case with any amp, letting me dig in harder to make me hear what I play. There were so many details of my playing, that were burried in the band sound.[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Now with that amp, I play a lot more relaxed, that means with less tension. That makes me play better, so I would say: this amp makes me play better, as I don´t have to "fight" playing any more.[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]It has 200 watts into 1 10" speaker, but if you close your eyes, you would swear it is a 15" Speaker with a really powerful amp.[/font]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Also, it is lightweight, a lot louder than you may this for an amp this size, and... yes, expensive. But I think, they are worth every penny, as they ...... see above![/font]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Thanks to everyone for welcome me here!![/font]