Why become a member? ×

What pedal am I looking for to help with creating bigger sounds for a chorus?

tommania

Hi

My band has become a 3 piece for the time being, and I'm looking for some pedals to help improve my tone as we'll be lacking that extra guitar layer.

I have a Hall of Fame, and a Small Clone.

The thing I am looking for now though is something that will really make our sound bigger (and deeper/fuller/you know) when we go into the chorus. Is it a fuzz I'm after?

Thanks

Tom

Some sort of octave is always good for this sort of thing; if you're looking at an octave down (OC2, OC3, EBS Octabass, Aguilar OctaBass etc...) then you'll have to play the line up and octave to really get the benefit, or you could use an octave UP (EHX POG or HOG etc...) and play the line as it is.

Secret option 'c' is to use an octave fuzz - this'll add lots of dirt to your sound in addition to an octave above every note you play - not appropriate for every situation, but LOTS of fun. :D

I'd say your guitarist should get a TC Mimic and if there's any guitar solos you should go dirty with maybe a bass boost.

I like what the bassist from Wolf Alice does. He uses one of those soft touch midi foot controllers and it triggers a synth with a lower octave. Sounds massive when they hit a chorus.