Why become a member? ×

Fender Power Jazz Bass Special Japan Active Preamp w/TBX, original PJ pickups, Original Fender knobs!
£100

I will add photographs later: Here's an opportunity to get a full set of Japan PJ Pickups, TBX tone control and the unique (I suppose) tone system that came with these basses. The Preamp takes a 9V battery which powers a two position control active filter which isn't as far as I know a million miles from that used by Wal/ACG? Don't quote me on that but this is a very cool system that allows a huge range of tones available.

I will mark the cables with what connects to what and I am pretty sure I have a set of those very rare JBS knobs to go on the kit as well that I will include!

Dead easy to install, but you will need a soldering iron or a friend who can do it for you!

The PJ pickups have had the pole pieces cleaned and protected from any further wear later as well as a new set of official Fender covers.

I also have a second set of PJ pickups that I will sell too and then possibly another PJBS preamplifier.

Price includes delivery to the mainland, extra will be needed to cover the cost of shipping elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

I can do pictures yes! I will upload them this afternoon!

The controls for the preamplifier are:

Master Volume
TBX Tone Control
EQ 'Sweep' Control
Three Way Pickup Selector
Mini Three Way Mode Selector (includes Bypass Mode)

The PJ Pickups themselves look no different from a standard set and the knobs are classic Fender 'F' stamped type. You'll need the picture to get what I mean :) The preamplifier takes a 9v battery as standard.

Edited by dood

I will of course mark up the cables. Please note, I would not have trimmed any cables unless it was absolutely necessary to do so in order to remove the hardware. I have also been careful to make sure that the point that I trimmed the wires allows for the most amount of cable left to re-solder. Everything was working perfectly at the time of removal and has been stored very carefully. Not that it needs saying as it's fairly obvious - I can help with reconnecting everything with instructions but I can't be held responsible for stuff 'at your end' and thus no returns.

oh - P.s. I have two sets of these pickups that are exactly the same, you may end up having either as I store them in the same place. Both out of a stock PJBS and thus exactly the same.