Why become a member? ×

Soundcraft ui12

Phil-osopher10

We've got a Ui16 - it's a learning curve alright (previously had an old Peavey powered box - so quite a step up!) and we had a couple of moments of panic when we couldn't get connected, subsequently think this may have been 'user error' though :unsure: Really good quality mixer though, sounds great and just seems to do everything you could need.

Hii,

We have a UI16 for our rock band and it works well.

I have just bought an external router (TP-Link TL-WR841N Wireless-N300 Router) to use with our UI16

I have upgraded the unit firmware since our last gig with it and will try it out in our local village hall before our next gig in December.

We run our FOH via a Macbook connected via ethernet cable.

We have two tablets, connected via wifi, to control our on stage monitors.

So far all have behaved well in the past two gigs we have used it for.

Yep. Pretty straightforward to get a decent mix straight out of the box but we had to do a bit of tweaking after that to get it where we wanted. Good if you want up to 3 separate monitor mixes, it's let me start using in ears properly.

If I was buying again I'd probably go for the 16 for the extra monitor outputs. Overall though it's a great bit of kit.

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' timestamp='1479460604' post='3176659']
I did a google of the rcf m18, seemed very good indeed. But a little above our budget.

That's good to hear, thankfully we have a tech savvy drummer (who'd have thought, eh?) So the software shouldn't be a problem.

Are the inputs limiting? Should we raise the budget and look into the 16?
[/quote]

https://www.mercury-av.com/sales/RCF-M18-Digital-Mixer-1.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA6rrBBRDsrLGM4uTPkWASJADnWZQ4qss_S7n0PRR9OwZgZHN64zs25yp-PvmYAyE05dpERhoCOPLw_wcB

Actually cheaper than the ui16..

Its a great piece of kit.
We had some software issues at first, but we've been using it for more than a year now.
5 piece band 2 x geetars, bass, harp, drums and 3 x vox.
It works and works hard, judicious use of channels and inputs makes it extremely adaptable.
Nice and quiet on the inputs, even thro effects, I'd recommend it.
makes the cable runs easier too.
We considered an upgrade to the U16 but really, we haven't needed to.

Never had any wifi issues. I've been using it at fortnightly rehearsals and monthly gigs for most of this year. Tend to stick to a laptop for the interface though - don't do much with a phone or tablet as we're all on stage. Always carry an ethernet cable just in case but never had to use it.