Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe P Electronics/ pickup

Basscabman

I'm sure someone else will chime in here.
But the cv instruments are of a very good standard all round and really do punch above there cost.
And the electrics are of a good/reasonable quality and are of the higher squire range and the fender modern player series. In other words highly reliable and of good output and tone.

Unless you don't like the tone of the electrics and want a different sound or have a problem then theres no reason to upgrade at all.
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the electrics are reliable for a life time of gigs!.

Of course you could upgrade anyway get a higher output pickup(s) and cts pots and a different tone cap etc etc. If you really wanted.

So the question is the bass doing it for you tone wise atm?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Basscabman' timestamp='1479339993' post='3175869']
Worth Upgrading or are they OK as standard?
[/quote]

if you want a different sound... change the pickup. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the stock pickup, it's pretty good. But your personal preference may make you try other pickups, and that's ok of course :) I just don't think it's *necessary*. Some Squiers of old had uninspiring pickups and replacing them improved the instrument a lot. It's not the case with the CV series, they're pretty damn good stock.