Why become a member? ×

Gday from Down Under

bazzbass

Hello fellow bassists.

Been playing mainly originals in bands since 1979, with a 15 year break for 'life'.

My bass heroes are Sir Paul, John Paul Jones, Geezer, Chris Squire (RIP), James Jamerson, Geddy Lee and Phil Small ( Cold Chisel my fave Aussie band ever)

I love melodic basslines,as you can probably tell. Wish I could write them as well as I can learn them from others, but that's life :)

Happy plucking

Bazz

Hello Bazz,

Nice to hear from a fellow bassist so far away. G'day to you, or as we say in Wales Shwmae :)

I too had one of those "breaks for life" from playing - mine was near enough 25 years! :o
Wish I hadn't taken that break - but there you go. There are many things I probably shouldn't have done lol

As Oopsdabasist says - post long & often

Cheers
Marc

Noiseworks played the Adelaide Grand Prix after race concert I think in 1988 or 9
My bandmate and I thought we'd see a pop band as they just had a massive hit with Touch and all the girlies were yelling for Jon Stevens.

They put on one of the best live shows I've seen, all the musos were top notch, we were very impressed.