Why become a member? ×

Hello

Jack_Stroud_Bass

Hello,

New member to BassChat!

28yrs old bass player from Swansea living in Stroud. Been playing for 14years. Currently in a Prog-Rock band called Midnight Sun based in Stroud/Forest of Dean- loving the challenges playing Prog Rock brings!

Only have the one bass, but main reason for joining is that I'm tentitivley on the lookout for a Fender 70s Jazz :)

I own/use an SWR bass rig (Son of Bertha 1 x 15 and Goliath III 4 x 10) with a SWR 750X head. Awesome sounds, very user friendly and great for rock tones!

Hope to get chatting to some fellow bass lovers soon!

Jack

Hello Woodenshirt,

I used to be in a gigging covers band doing the rounds on the Haven/Butlins scene a few years ago. Did that from about 18-25. Had to call it a day as I could not face playing "Mustang Sally" one more time! :blink: Joking of course. Now focused on original tunes.

Much more of a funk/rock player, but I love playing with the prog band. The more music I can play the better I'll (hopefully) become.

SWR has been a constant for me through the years- it's the only bass rig I've ever used. It's never let me down, and with the active MM pre-amp it can deliver a huge sound! Very reliable gear, and versatile too with 2 x on-board effects (O/D and Sub-Oct).

@The Greek- No there surely is no cure from GAS! Although us low-enders really have it easier compard to some six-stringers that I know... Surely the tone is in the hands right?? ;)

Jack

Edited by Jack_Stroud_Bass