NWBB Whitby social Fill your boots

157 replies to this topic

#151 Mottlefeeder

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

Just to echo all the comments above, I had a great day, and I'm very grateful to Chris and Kevin for setting it up.

It was interesting to try / hear things I had only read about, but nice that I came away without feeling that anything there would make a significant difference to my bass playing.

When first I arrived, I walked into the main bar area, and the bar-person and security person conferred and told me that there was no bass-players' event on that day. Fortunately, I stuck around and eventually found another entrance with a B/chat notice on it. For anyone who sets up another bass bash, may I suggest that a contact mobile number is PM'd to all delegates for use in emergencies.

David
Yamaha RBX 765 5-string fretted
Ibanez EWB205WNE 5-string fretted acoustic

Hartke HA4000
Ashdown MiBass 550
BFM Jack 10 - 1 pair
Homebrew 1x10
Homebrew Battery-powered Amp

#152 MisterT

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

Kev - your grey Spector is now giving me cheap ebay GAS!
Chris - your ridiculously low action is making me look at my allen keys.
Josie - that Aerodyne is really lovely.
Vinnie - daisy pink was awesome & ta for the BB1X demo. I nearly brought the wallet out for your spare!
Everyone with a Barefaced - they're nicely loud! No trouble cutting through the mix with those I expect.

Not wanting to single anyone out for playability but I kept meaning to chat to this chap playing here... I did like your style of bluesy funk.

Posted Image
Cort A4 Artisan | Fender MiM Jazz | Eden WTX500 | Vanderkley 112 MNT

#153 JellyKnees

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:fags and pies and that...

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

I arrived slightly late (and slightly hungover), started setting up and realised that I had forgotten my kettle lead... thankfully Kev was able to lend me one, so a big thanks for that fella...

It was a fun couple of hours, and was nice to put a few faces to names. I enjoyed seeing what people had, and came away with a newly acquired interest in rubber thanks to Mottlefeeder and his ukelele bass.

I think I may have accidentally infected a few people with Dingwall GAS, so apologies to all those affected...
Everywhere he went, people said "Hooray!"
Sometimes you just can't win.

https://soundcloud.com/jellyknees

#154 AdamWoodBass

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostMisterT, on 13 February 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Not wanting to single anyone out for playability but I kept meaning to chat to this chap playing here... I did like your style of bluesy funk.

Cheers mate, I had a lot of fun playing ead's stunning trio of ACG's! Hopefully catch you on the next one!
My Band:
akuduband.com

4 String Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
4 String Legend Jazz Bass - defretted
4 String JHS Vintage V4 Reissue P Bass

Markbass LM III
Barefaced Retro two10

Find me on SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/adam-mark-wood

Basschat Feedback

#155 lurksalot

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • Interests:mostly base ........oh and bass

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

View Postead, on 12 February 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Just to set the record straight the bass jam was not my work, I was hiding behind a pillar.
DOH it was BIg Lump. ....Ade who set that up , the anagram thing got me 😳

Edited by lurksalot, 13 February 2017 - 02:42 PM.

When I said lower the frequency , I didn't mean only on christmas and birthdays, blue moons Preston Guilds

Please Vote in the BC Monthly Challenges , composition and photographic , you know it makes sense.

BassChat Terms & Conditions ............... Forum Behaviour Guidelines ............... Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#156 Zootchaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Hi All,

Apologies for not leaving a post earlier - I'm not into this "posting" thing but that no excuse for not recording a really big thank you to the organisers. It's nearly always a thankless task organising events but judging by the posts I think that this time your efforts were well and truly appreciated. Thanks also to everyone who let me play their basses, I enjoyed the opportunity to get my hands on basses I'd only ever read about - thanks again everyone. Final thought - I'm really glad I didn't suffer a large bump on the head and missing bass 😃

#157 Bassman Sam

Athritic Old Fart.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostZootchaser, on 13 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Hi All,

Apologies for not leaving a post earlier - I'm not into this "posting" thing but that no excuse for not recording a really big thank you to the organisers. It's nearly always a thankless task organising events but judging by the posts I think that this time your efforts were well and truly appreciated. Thanks also to everyone who let me play their basses, I enjoyed the opportunity to get my hands on basses I'd only ever read about - thanks again everyone. Final thought - I'm really glad I didn't suffer a large bump on the head and missing bass ��

If you ever think of moving it on, please give me 1st dibs. Cash in hand, not blows to the head. Well, whatever one works out cheaper. :)

Edited by Bassman Sam, 13 February 2017 - 10:50 PM.

Fender Precision Bass Special Deluxe Edition
Fender MIM Precision CAR.
Zoom B3.
Phil Jones H850 Headphones.
CIJ Fender Stratocaster '62 RI
Fender Mustang III

#158 Zootchaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

Will do but I don't think it will be anytime soon !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users