Why become a member? ×

NORTH WEST BASS BASH 12th Feb 2017

lurksalot

Just to echo all the comments above, I had a great day, and I'm very grateful to Chris and Kevin for setting it up.

It was interesting to try / hear things I had only read about, but nice that I came away without feeling that anything there would make a significant difference to my bass playing.

When first I arrived, I walked into the main bar area, and the bar-person and security person conferred and told me that there was no bass-players' event on that day. Fortunately, I stuck around and eventually found another entrance with a B/chat notice on it. For anyone who sets up another bass bash, may I suggest that a contact mobile number is PM'd to all delegates for use in emergencies.

David

Kev - your grey Spector is now giving me cheap ebay GAS!
Chris - your ridiculously low action is making me look at my allen keys.
Josie - that Aerodyne is really lovely.
Vinnie - daisy pink was awesome & ta for the BB1X demo. I nearly brought the wallet out for your spare!
Everyone with a Barefaced - they're nicely loud! No trouble cutting through the mix with those I expect.

Not wanting to single anyone out for playability but I kept meaning to chat to this chap playing here... I did like your style of bluesy funk.

I arrived slightly late (and slightly hungover), started setting up and realised that I had forgotten my kettle lead... thankfully Kev was able to lend me one, so a big thanks for that fella...

It was a fun couple of hours, and was nice to put a few faces to names. I enjoyed seeing what people had, and came away with a newly acquired interest in rubber thanks to Mottlefeeder and his ukelele bass.

I think I may have accidentally infected a few people with Dingwall GAS, so apologies to all those affected...

[quote name='MisterT' timestamp='1486984370' post='3235985']

Not wanting to single anyone out for playability but I kept meaning to chat to this chap playing here... I did like your style of bluesy funk.

[/quote]

Cheers mate, I had a lot of fun playing ead's stunning trio of ACG's! Hopefully catch you on the next one!

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1486938826' post='3235791']

Just to set the record straight the bass jam was not my work, I was hiding behind a pillar.
[/quote]
DOH it was BIg Lump. ....Ade who set that up , the anagram thing got me 😳

Edited by lurksalot

Hi All,

Apologies for not leaving a post earlier - I'm not into this "posting" thing but that no excuse for not recording a really big thank you to the organisers. It's nearly always a thankless task organising events but judging by the posts I think that this time your efforts were well and truly appreciated. Thanks also to everyone who let me play their basses, I enjoyed the opportunity to get my hands on basses I'd only ever read about - thanks again everyone. Final thought - I'm really glad I didn't suffer a large bump on the head and missing bass 😃

[quote name='Zootchaser' timestamp='1487010421' post='3236252']
Hi All,

Apologies for not leaving a post earlier - I'm not into this "posting" thing but that no excuse for not recording a really big thank you to the organisers. It's nearly always a thankless task organising events but judging by the posts I think that this time your efforts were well and truly appreciated. Thanks also to everyone who let me play their basses, I enjoyed the opportunity to get my hands on basses I'd only ever read about - thanks again everyone. Final thought - I'm really glad I didn't suffer a large bump on the head and missing bass ��
[/quote]

If you ever think of moving it on, please give me 1st dibs. Cash in hand, not blows to the head. Well, whatever one works out cheaper. :)

Edited by Bassman Sam