Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar 750 & BF Supertwin

only4

[quote name='only4' timestamp='1479758792' post='3179076']
Has anyone paired an EBS Reidmar 750 with a BF Supertwin or heard this combination?
[/quote]

Not exactly. But I have an EBS Reidmar 750, a BB2 and a Super Midget. These cabs use the same drivers as the Supertwin. Individually and paired they make a super rig both in tone and volume.

I'd imagine the Reidmar 750 paired with a Supertwin would be an excellent sounding rig. Maybe contact Alex (Barefaced owner) for advice?

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1479761039' post='3179103']

Not exactly. But I have an EBS Reidmar 750, a BB2 and a Super Midget. These cabs use the same drivers as the Supertwin. Individually and paired they make a super rig both in tone and volume.

I'd imagine the Reidmar 750 paired with a Supertwin would be an excellent sounding rig. Maybe contact Alex (Barefaced owner) for advice?

Frank.
[/quote]

Cheers Frank, good advice.

In my experience/opinion the clarity and sheer power of the Reidmar 750 seems to pair very well with the Barefaced Generation3 12" speaker cabs.

There's also a basschatter using a Reidmar 750 with a Barefaced one10 but although I have a one10 myself, I've never tried it with the Reidmar. I might try this combination at my next rehearsal. I'll report back.

Frank

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1479759910' post='3179087']
There's a guy on the Facebook barefaced group with a compact and 250 reidmar .

From what he says the combo you're suggesting will blow your head off . With good tone :-)
[/quote]

I don't have that compact any more Mark...Its yours!!
I do however now pair my reidmar with a BF retro 2x10...sounds awesome!

My only experience of Reidmar gear was using a 2 110 and the 250 as a provided back line on a pretty quiet gig. With the bass boost engaged I was pretty impressed by the sound.

If the 750 has any of that tone it should be on everyone's evaluation list.

I've been putting together a shortlist of amps to use with my Two10. Be very interested to hear what anyone can add about the Reidmar with the 10" cabs. It's not an amp I would usually consider as the EBS sound wouldn't be for me typically. The Markbass stuff seems to match well, whereas I've heard people say the vintage-esque tone of the Aguilar Tonehammer amps is too much of the same thing with the Retro leanings of the Barefaced cab. I may end up back with the Orange Terror Bass as it's the closest I've found to my favoured Ashdown ABM tone... If only Ashdown could do a decent small format/lunchbox amp. Closest they've managed IMHO is the Little Bastard which is hardly the same thing!

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1479801246' post='3179304']
If the Reidmar is like other EBS heads, you may not get that rip-your-fillings-out zingy treble that they can do (bright control) from the tweeterless Super Twin. A good thing IMO :)
[/quote]
That was my exact feeling, my last rig was a Markbass 4x10 with the MarkBass 2x10 combo on top but i had to turn the tweeter right down as i don't get on with that harsh sound, don't get me wrong i like a full range sound but it can become a bit wearing if it's too toppy.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1479813330' post='3179425']
I've been putting together a shortlist of amps to use with my Two10. Be very interested to hear what anyone can add about the Reidmar with the 10" cabs. It's not an amp I would usually consider as the EBS sound wouldn't be for me typically. The Markbass stuff seems to match well, whereas I've heard people say the vintage-esque tone of the Aguilar Tonehammer amps is too much of the same thing with the Retro leanings of the Barefaced cab. I may end up back with the Orange Terror Bass as it's the closest I've found to my favoured Ashdown ABM tone... If only Ashdown could do a decent small format/lunchbox amp. Closest they've managed IMHO is the Little Bastard which is hardly the same thing!
[/quote]
I'm currently pairing the SuperTwin with a MarkBass TTE500 which is a lovely sounding combination but the tone controls on the amp don't give you much flexibility.
I have wondered about the Tonehammer and also another MarkBass head maybe a Tube 500, but i like the look of the Reidmar it seems to have a good tone section.